Monday, January 4, 2010

Furlough-palooza


My day job as a government employee afforded me some extended time off over the holidays which I've affectionately dubbed furlough-palooza. In between day trips to local fun spots I did get in a little studio time. I thought I'd share a bit of both.
Nevada City-
Had a great time visiting with my dad and doing some shopping downtown. They have an awesome fairy shop but I was disappointed that the one store I really wanted to see was closed. I should really check these things out first... Oh well, good excuse to go back right? In the meantime, drool over the goodies at My Favorite Things web site with me.
Snow day! On another day we headed up the hill to play in the snow. This resulted in a somewhat depressed looking snowman and a very goofy little boy.
It really was a beautiful day.
Finally, a few stray ornaments I whipped up
and our family gingerbread house for good measure!


No comments: